Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Heritage

I already mentioned my paternal grandmother and mom, from whom I must have inherited the crafty gene... however it is probably goes back a lot farther than that...
So here are my mothernal grandparents...
My grandfather, Lajos Kőrösi who was a printer (edited to add: my brother says its rather typographer, and he is probably right)  in his younger years, however I only new him, as the one who decorated the shoe, or rather wood soled slipper- and clog-tops my grandma (Margit Nagy) cut and sewed up...
I only have this much of them, after my mom died, I only found these in her stuff, a half of a slipper-top, and a pair os scissors my grandpa used in his last years. I used those scissors for many years to cut patterns until it fell apart... But I just cannot throw it out...
I also have a few painting of my grandfather's. My mom gave all of them to me once, which was a surprise, because my brother was her favorite... However I shared those pictures with my brother, and only kept a few of the pictures. Who knows once I might even have a place to hang them properly.

1 comment:

kristieinbc said...

What a wonderful photograph of your grandparents! The scissors are a treasure, and you are right. They must never be thrown out. The painting is beautiful, and hopefully you'll soon have a place to hang it. I hope you are doing well!