Friday, January 3, 2014

Spektrum

2013 wasn't the best year of my life. I can't say it was all bad, as it did had some wonderful moments, even wonderful days here and there. Even though, the bad outweighed the good, I will try not to dwell on that too much. Lets just stay the good side of the Spektrum..
One of the good things was that I spent a considerable amount of time and energy on translating patterns from Drops to Hungarian.
photo: Pfoto team
The moment I opened the pattern for the Spektrum shawl (which back then didn't even had a name) I knew I wanted it. The original pattern calls for two colors of fabel, but I had a few balls of Drops Delight in my stash, just the perfect thing. All I needed a couple of balsl for the beige part. I was thinking I should get some alpaca, or alpaca silk, but I had to wait quite a few months to actually get them.
photo: Pfoto team
But finally they were here, and in love with this shawl, I am. As usual, I did make it somewhat bigger, added maybe 10 stripes or so. Otherwise I went by the pattern, which is very easy, and for a Drops pattern, well written.
I used slightly more than 2 balls of Delight, and about 3 balls of Alpaca mix. and 3.25 Addi needles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is gorgeous! And happy 2014 :-)

peony said...

Thank you Simone.