Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Weekly spining

in other words... I have nothing to spin...
I was whining when after months of "I just don't have time" I wanted to sit down and spin without any particular aim. Not for someone else, not for demonstration, not for sale. Just for my own happines.
My friend Roni, looked me like I must have looked at Chris, when he came to me asking "mom, do we have something like a string? You know to tie something with"...

... and led me by my hand to the drawer where I keep my colored fiber stash...The braids were flung around...ahhh thi sis too stripey I don't want stripe... The camel down, I want that with a supported spindle (yeah, i have to learn that first), this is too green, I want to spin green in the spring (don't ask), this is too orange, I've spun way too much orange lately...Then we got to the back of the drawer, to teh rainbow colored stuff...
..ahhh....my voice got stuck, my narrowed eyes rounded...this is it...
100 gramms shetland wool, 760 meters of two ply.
Photos: Tamas Rigo/Veronika Nyerges

No comments: