Thursday, September 1, 2011

Left overs

A few months ago I dyed some wool with long colorchanges, from yellow through orange and red to brown, but at the bottom of the jars I mixed the colors there were some dye solutions left. Not all the colors, only a few of them.
So I dived into my fiber stash, pulled a bit of unidentifiable wool (might be BFL from the feeling of it... it came as a present with one of the spindles I bought on etsy), soaked it put it into an owen-safe glass bowl, pored the leftover dyes over it haphazardly, and gave it a go in the microwave.
Spun and plyed on the wheel... it was surprisingly easy and fast to spin it.
And started to wonder what to knit from 280 meters of sport weight.
Then one of the emails coming from interweave had a little booklet from the Helix scarf knitted from a bunch of different handspun.
Of course I like ma shawls big, my scarfs wide so I modified the pattern starting with more stitch and recalculating the short row part for the ruffled edge (turning at the 10th, 8th, 6th, 4th 2nd stitches at the end of every third row), and knitted while my yarn lasted.
In the August heat the only willing modell I found... was this little bronse girl, sitting on the rails by the river Duna.


1 comment:

Brussels Chronicles said...

it turned out lovely ! great colours !