Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summit

The day the pattern was published in Knitty I fell in love with it and still on the same day I ordered some pure silk yarn on e-bay.

It is a really fun pattern, all those drop stitches remind me of the Clapotis, but this is more..."sophisticated"... . I worked 15 columns and about 15 repeats (one repeat being one left and one right curve). About halfway I've run out of yarn and had to wait about two weeks for the other two hank.
As I already mentioned it is really useful if one can knit backwards, save some of the flipping over.Otherwise it is not difficult at all, in fact about 2/3 of the way it got rather boring. But then it made it to the perfect cafe/TV/etc knitting.

I ended up with a very generous size of 200x 80 centimeters blocked. BTW I used 3.25 mm short Brittany needles.

Here is a close up...The yarn bleeded badly while being soaked, I hope it will not cause further problems.

Sorry for the not too good picture below. If I would shot it I would call it crappy, but I can't call my son's shot that. I only put it here to give you an idea of the size:


I love wrapping myself in it.And despite of the holes and being silk, it does warm you.

2 comments:

Brussels Chronicles said...

Silk is warm ! and what a lovely colour ! great knit !

Anonymous said...

I love the color! It's an interesting looking wrap, no doubt... but not one I think I'll knit. It's just not me, I'm afraid. LOL