Monday, February 8, 2010

Maybe it is time

To review on my standpoint on my self declaration of
"I am not a socknitter".
I still do not think myself as one. Of course, I do think that handknitted socks are way superior than any storebought one, and I do knit socks from time to time. But I rarely drool over sockyarns on etsy, and a new sock pattern cannot make me want to jump out of my skin.

Then as I finished knitting on a bigger project I was looking around for something to do until the blocking dried and I found this:

Yep. Three pairs of socks. And only one is my basic 2x2 ribbed plain soled toe up thingy... The patterning on the other two is still based on ribbing, but one of them is broken rib and the other one is lacy rib... And when I saw these on the blog of teh Yarn Harlot, I found myself seriously considering making them...where the world is going?

1 comment:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

I love knitting socks. I did my first pair with worsted weight yarn! I had only been knitting a short time. They came out beaufitul! Now I can do them with sock weight yarn too. I have to learn to be patient as I am not at all. Marion