Friday, January 2, 2009

In today's what did I do what I wouldn't have if P. was here...
Nothing much....BUT... I DIDN'T FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT :-))))
Actually there are some superstitions of what you should or should not do at the first day of the year, like no cleaning, no taking out the garbage, no sewing, you shouldn't eat chicken, or other poultry, etc...
Of course there are "do"-s too, like eating hot dog, pork, lentils, and do what you want to do all year...
For years and years I did all of those, but things just got worst instead of getting better, so I stopped "doing" the right thing. Usually I took some sleeping pill and were fast asleep long before midnight rung in.
This year wasn't much different, I refused to eat and do the "right" stuff, but I tried not to do what I shouldn't, so I just pottered about mostly.
The main feeling of the day was... almost nothing. I mean no guilt because I got up late, no one to make me feel like I am poisoning my kid, because once in a while I do give him hot dogs (he loves them), I could bath in as much water, and for as long as I wanted, and on, and on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD for you! You should never feel guilty about taking a day off & just relaxing. :)

Anonymous said...

I have never heard about some of those things not to do on new years. Funny about the random chicken thing! Good for you for doing what you want, eat chicken and hot dogs and clean if you want!

See you soon!

Brussels Chronicles said...

Those "nothing" days are really necessary to our mental health, I assure you !